Ever wanted to make a quiche that is always tasty and easy to do as well? This is the easiest and most successful way to make a quiche your guests, family and friends will love.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 300 g flour
- 150 g cream cheese or ricotta
- 150 g butter
- a pinch of salt
Basic ingredients for the filling:
- Eggs, cheddar cheese (you can use any easily melting cheese), cream
Variable ingredients for the filling:
- for a real “Quiche Lorraine” use only sliced bacon or ham and leek
- for a vegetarian version use spinach, swiss chard
- experiment if you like with other veggies, like broccoli or asparagus
- onions should accompany any version without leek
- use spices to your taste like nutmeg, pepper, garlic, salt, fresh or dried herbs
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Mix all ingredients for the dough together, but do not knead to much.
- Roll out the pastry on a light floured surface. Make sure to roll it out a little bigger than the bottom of you spring-form pan.
- Put the dough into the well-buttered spring-form, using the overlapping edges for the sides of the pan.
- You should cook or simmer any veggie, before putting it into the quiche dough,
- Fry the ham or the bacon as well.
- Sauté the onions in butter, mix with the veggies (you won’t need onions if you use leek)
- Fill the quiche dough in the pan (spring-form) with the veggies or/and ham/bacon.
- Beat the eggs and slowly pour cream into it, add spice and the grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes
The amount off the eggs mixture will vary with the amount of other ingredients you use,
The more cream you use the softer the quiche gets. You will probably do well if you use the same amount of liquid eggs as cream for the filling
No need to chill or letting rest the dough before baking, just make sure that the butter and the cream cheese have room temperature